Scotland's living standards are set to plummet without government action to tackle the problem of an ageing population, a Stirling University economist has warned. Robert Wright, a leading member of the Scottish Economic Policy Network, said there was a dearth of relevant economic research north of the border to inform public policy. He is set to challenge the Scottish Executive to fund a research centre to focus on demographic, social and economic issues at a conference in Stirling on Friday.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now