The field of respiratory research is about to be boosted by 21 PhD students, who will soon begin research projects funded by the the medical research charities Asthma UK, the British Lung Foundation and the British Thoracic Society, and the Medical Research Council.
Their funding input comes in response to the growing number of people in the UK who suffer with respiratory diseases. Twelve awards will be available in 2007 and a further nine in 2008.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now