Brussels, 30 Jun 2004
The European Commission has published a periodic call in the areas of 'aeronautics and space', 'sustainable energy systems' and 'sustainable surface transport'.
This call covers the following areas:
- open upstream research (aeronautics);
- integrated focused downstream research (aeronautics);
- cost effective supply of renewable energies;
- large scale integration of renewable energy sources and energy efficiency;
- alternative motor fuels;
- thematic promotion and dissemination;
- new technologies and concepts for all surface transport modes;
- re-balancing and integrating different transport modes;
- increasing road, rail and waterborne safety and avoiding traffic congestion.
Interested parties are advised to consult the original call text for details of the topics covered in each area, as well as the funding instruments for each topic.
The total indicative budget for this call is 252 million euro, which will be broken down as follows:
- aeronautics and space - 64 million euro;
- sustainable energy systems - 132 million euro;
- sustainable surface transport - 56 million euro.
To see the full details of the call, please consult the following web address:
Remarks: The deadline for submitting tender documents is 8.12.2004.
Before contacting the Commission, proposers are strongly advised to consult the original call text in the Official Journal of the European Union at the reference below.