France is to sell its gold reserves to fund "major" research projects, Jean-Paul Raffarin, the prime minister, has announced. Priority projects such as industrial research and development, and increased funding for young researchers will receive an extra €100 million (£67 million) in 2005, and €200 million a year thereafter.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now