Teachers and lecturers are doing less unpaid overtime than in the past but still do the highest amount of extra work of any profession.
According to the Trades Union Congress, teachers and lecturers do 11 hours six minutes unpaid overtime a week, which would be worth more than £9,500 a year if paid at the average hourly rate. This has fallen by almost two hours in the past five years - the biggest of any group.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now