The number of doctoral graduates in Canada has fallen by 4.9 per cent to the lowest level in five years, worrying university faculty recruiters looking to fill an estimated 30,000 jobs in the next ten years.
The government hopes a new graduate scholarship programme will reverse the trend.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now