This is an increase of about £0.4 million over the 2012 total, and the first significant rise in spending since it fell in 2009, says the Expenditure on research and development performed in higher education report. The amount spent on research in universities remained mostly unchanged between 2010 and 2012. The report, published on 24 March, reveals that the amount invested in university research and development has increased from about £6 billion a year in 2002.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now