* Leeds University has appointed: David Cameron , former lecturer at Edinburgh University, director of the National Cancer Research Network and chair of medical oncology; Catherine Karkov , formerly at Miami University of Ohio, chair in art history; Levi Pay , formerly at the Commission for Racial Equality, Edinburgh University and Stonewall, head of its Equality Service; and Gary Williamson , formerly at a corporate science research centre in Switzerland, chair in functional food.
* The Higher Education Funding Council for Wales has two new members: Mairi Lloyd-Williams , personal chair at Liverpool University's faculty of medicine; and Ken Richards , senior lecturer in taxation and finance, Aberystwyth University.
* Graham Keith , chair of the board of management at Clydebank College, has been appointed the first director of Scotland's College International, which will support international work.
* Estelle Morris , the former Education Secretary, will chair the strategy board of the new Institute for Effective Education at York University.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now