* Five new deans have been appointed at the Said Business School, Oxford, as part of development plans. The deans are drawn from existing staff and will continue their duties at the school. The appointments are: Thomas Powell , dean of research; Tim Jenkinson , dean of degree programmes; Roy Westbrook , dean for development and external relations; Gay Haskins , dean of executive education; and Mari Sako , faculty dean.
* Andrew Cubie has become the first chair of the board of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework. Professor Cubie, a lawyer, has served on the Mackintosh Commission on local government reform and was chair of the Independent Committee of Inquiry into Student Finance.
* Sarah Hewlett has been appointed to the first UK chair in rheumatology nursing at the University of the West of England. She will be known as Arthritis Research Campaign professor of rheumatology and nursing. She has been funded by the Arthritis Research Campaign since 1989, when she first entered rheumatology research as a clinical research manager with Bristol University.
* The US-UK Fulbright Commission has appointed Penny Egan its new executive director. She was executive director for the encouragement of arts, manufactures and commerce at the Royal Society.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now