* Glamorgan University has appointed six deans as part of its new faculty-based structure. Peter Robertson will be dean of the Cardiff School of Creative and Cultural Industries. Peter Hodson will be dean of the faculty of advanced technology. Donna Mead will be dean of the faculty of health, sport and science. Rod Dubrow-Marshall will be dean of the faculty of humanities and social sciences. Alan Lovell will be dean of the Glamorgan Business School. John O'Shea will be dean of further education and collaborative activities.
* Southampton Solent University is collaborating with the Mudra Institute of Communications Advertising in India. Ashok Ranchhod , research professor in Southampton Business School, has been appointed visiting professor at Mudra .
* Bradford University's School of Lifelong Education and Development has made Javed Bashir an honorary fellow.
* Edinburgh University has appointed a new director to lead its research and commercialisation office, Edinburgh Research and Innovation. Derek Waddell , previously deputy director of ERI, replaces Bob Smailes who has left to take up a new post at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands.
* Swansea University's Callaghan Centre for Conflict Studies has appointed Clifford Rogers Leverhulme Trust visiting professor. He is currently the associate professor of history at the US Military Academy, West Point.
* David Quarmby chairman of the Strategic Rail Authority and of SeaBritain 2005, has been appointed chair of the Transport Research Institute at Napier University.