* Sandy Anderson , chair of the European Process Industries Competitive Centre, is to chair the University of Teesside's governing body.
* Young Dawkins , currently president and chief executive officer of the University of New Hampshire Foundation, has been appointed vice-principal for development at Edinburgh University.
* Chalmers University, Sweden, has appointed Colin Fudge , professor, pro vice-chancellor and dean of the faculty of the built environment at the University of the West of England, to the international advisory board for the period 2005-08.
* Roger Cook , formerly at the planning office at the University of Lancaster, has been made director of planning and development at Paisley University.
* British Design & Art Direction have announced membership of their executive body for 2005: Dick Powell , president; Tony Davidson deputy president; Paul Belford , Dinah Casson , Roger Kennedy , Paul Priestman , Simon Waterfall and Al Young .
* Mike Smithson , former director of development at the universities of Oxford and Cambridge and the London School of Economics, has been appointed development director at York University.
* University College Northampton has appointed Peter Bush , professor and head of regional collaboration and partnerships for the UK at the Open University, as pro rector academic.
* Strathclyde University business school has appointed Charles Harvey , professor in the business school at the University of the West of England, as dean and executive board member.