Brussels, 25 Oct 2004
A workshop on observing and understanding sea level variations will take place in St. Julians, Malta, from 1 to 3 November. The event is co-organised by the European Sea Level Service (ESEAS) and the 'ESEAS Research Infrastructure' project.
The workshop offers an opportunity to discuss recent developments in the observation of sea level variations, the analysis of data and the interpretation of phenomena. Topics will include:
- the observation of local sea level changes;
- the decontamination of observations for particularly vertical land motion;
- the observation of sea level on a regional and global scale;
- the determination of regional and global patterns in sea level variations on the basis of tide gauge and satellite altimetry observations;
- studies of processes causing intra-annual to multi-decadal sea level variations.
The ESEAS and the ESEAS-RI project currently involve 21 partners from 18 European countries.
For further information, please consult the following web address: