One way of finding out which senior academics are approaching the big time - at least in political terms - is to check the address book on their Palm Pilot to see how many of the big headhunting firms have started to approach them. But remember, being approached rather than eagerly waving one's own CV is the key to success. Rumour has it that one Russell Group vice-chancellor has applied for so many positions in recent months, without getting on any of the shortlists, that his application letter is now greeted with disdain when it drops on a headhunter's doormat.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now