A Canadian fine arts student at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, has really got herself plastered.
After covering every part of her body in wet plaster to make a body mould, she found that colleagues had either put too much water in the mix or had failed to ensure a complete covering of petroleum jelly.
She had to breathe through two straws in her nose while waiting for an ambulance. In hospital, the cast was removed, along with every hair on her body. When it comes to suffering for art, she broke the mould.