Albin Kurti, a Kosovar Albanian student, has been jailed for 15 years on charges including separatism, jeopardising the territorial integrity of Yugoslavia and conspiring to commit hostile acts linked to terrorism. Mr Kurti was prominent in the 1997-98 campaign to have Albanian-taught courses reinstated in Kosovo state higher education. He became increasingly militant after the Serbian clampdown began, eventually acting as a spokesman for Adem Demaci, a leader of the Kosovo Liberation Army.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now