Gerald Wilson, secretary of the Scottish Office Education and Industry Department, this week welcomed delegates to the Society for Research into Higher Education's annual conference at Heriot-Watt University, commenting that the 1996 Push guide to higher education rightly emphasised the attractiveness of the university campus. "The guide also refers to the swans that inhabit the campus's loch. I was relieved to see that the author also found the swans bad-tempered. I had previously assumed that it was only visiting government officials that they did not care for."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now