Northern Ireland is unlikely to regain its higher and further education minister despite elections next week. The Stormont Assembly will probably not be recalled in the short term, even after voters have gone to the polls next Wednesday, as the government believes any attempt to form a new power-sharing executive at the moment would collapse and could even lead to another costly election in the new year.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now