News in brief: Brussels

December 20, 2002

All higher education students should study abroad for at least one term, preferably in a foreign language, and should gain a recognised language qualification at the end of their course, according to the European Commission. Universities have until January 31 to comment on a discussion paper on the promotion of languages in higher education.

Please login or register to read this article

Register to continue

Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.

Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:

  • Sign up for the editor's highlights
  • Receive World University Rankings news first
  • Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
  • Participate in reader discussions and post comments

Have your say

Log in or register to post comments