New procedure for gripes about HEFCE

May 7, 1999

Universities and colleges with gripes against the Higher Education Funding Council for England now have a new way to settle them. HEFCE has established a procedure that sets out how institutions can complain about the funding council. It will deal with complaints about irregularity, misconduct, poor performance, ineffectiveness, undue delay or failure to act. However it does not cover complaints about the merits of a particular decision. Initially complaints should be directed to the member of staff concerned. As a last resort, an institution can take its case to the parliamentary ombudsman.

Please login or register to read this article

Register to continue

Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.

Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:

  • Sign up for the editor's highlights
  • Receive World University Rankings news first
  • Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
  • Participate in reader discussions and post comments

Have your say

Log in or register to post comments