Brussels, Oct 2004
A conference on 'Adapting for climate change- developing local strategies' will take place in London, the UK, on 2 December.
The main conference topics will include:
- the implications of climate change for the review of planning policy guidance and flooding issues;
-overview of progress on regional climate change partnerships, local authority and business networks;
- understanding the risks of climate change for construction projects;
- responding to the coastal risks of climate change - the Isle of Wight experience and European projects;
- coordinating best practice in local adaptation and mitigation responses;
- climate change adaptation in London and the Thames Gateway - a review of vulnerabilities and key projects in progress.
For further information, please: