Doug Trainer is doubtless horrified (see Antithesis last week), but student union leaders at Bristol University seem determined to do something about member apathy. So desperate were they to attract more people to last week's annual general meeting that they promised male and female strippers - if at least 400 students turned up to vote. The ruse attracted nearly 800 although, after animated discussions about teaching quality, only 100 stayed on for the full monty.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now