"In Brief" (THES, July 10) may have misled readers in stating that the Museums and Galleries Commission wants local education authorities to fund museums for services to schools and colleges. This is only part of the picture.
Museums are a key education resource. Demand on their services has risen because of the national curriculum and other reforms. Traditional funding sources have not matched this demand. The MGC called for a reassessment of Department for Education and Employment funding. It could be channelled in a variety of ways and might include LEA involvement.
Jeremy Warren. Assistant director, Museums and Galleries Commission
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now