For the first time, the majority of Scottish school leavers are going into full-time further and higher education. Between 1992-93 and 1999-2000, the percentage of school leavers going on to college or university has risen from 40 per cent to 51 per cent. One in three young Scots go into higher education.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now