There is news of internal friction in the Association of University Teachers itself. After the coverage in The Times Higher of disquiet among ethnic minority members of the union, sources reveal that there has been an attempt to gag national executive members and prevent them from speaking to the press on the topic. This was presented as a need for "media protocol". So much for freedom of speech and democratic debate.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now