Taught postgraduate courses gained in popularity in 1999-2000, according to figures from the Higher Education Statistics Agency. Numbers of students obtaining these qualifications climbed 7 per cent compared with 1998-99, to a total of 89,500. The main increase was among women, with numbers leaping 10 per cent. First-degree graduates registered a 1 per cent increase to 265,300, of which 54 per cent were women.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now