Numbers of overseas students studying on collaborative programmes rose by almost 50 per cent in 1999, according to figures from the Council of Validating Universities. But overall numbers on such programmes fell in 1999. On December 1 1999, 187,975 students were studying for awards from UK institutions on collaborative programmes, compared with 191,595 in 1998. But numbers studying at overseas institutions rose 49 per cent.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now