The US Federal Elections Commission is investigating allegations that 12 universities broke the rules governing electoral campaigning by hosting filmmaker Michael Moore (pictured) and his anti-Bush Slacker Uprising Tour in the weeks before the presidential elections.
George Mason and California State universities at San Marcos cancelled visits by Mr Moore, while Utah Valley State College was reported to have lost alumni donations as a result of a student invitation to Mr Moore
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now