The Independent Review Committee to decide pay and conditions in higher education met for the first time this week. Its staff could have a few worries about pay and conditions themselves. By this month's deadline, only half of higher education institutions had paid their subscriptions. Payments range from about Pounds 850 to Pounds 3,000 and are based on an initial budget of about Pounds 250,000. Some smaller institutions say they are withholding payments because they are merging with others.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now