Brussels, 15 November 2005
14 November 2005
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
Subject: Memorandum of Understanding for the implementation of a European Concerted Research Action designated as COST Action A31 "Stability and Adaptation of Classification Systems in a Cross-Cultural Perspective"
Attached is the abovementioned Memorandum of Understanding signed in Brussels on 13 October 2005 by France and Germany, on 14 October 2005 by Denmark and Poland and on 24 October 2005 by the United Kingdom.
The Signatories to this Memorandum of Understanding, declaring their common intention to participate in the concerted Action referred to above and described in the Technical Annex to the Memorandum, have reached the following understanding:
1. The Action will be carried out in accordance with the provisions of document COST 400/01 "Rules and Procedures for Implementing COST Actions", the contents of which the Signatories are fully aware of.
2. The main objective of this Action is to gain a deeper understanding of human categorisation as it is reflected in different types of classification systems.
3. The economic dimension of the activities carried out under the Action has been estimated, on the basis of information available during the planning of the Action, at Euro 22 million in 2004 prices.
4. The Memorandum of Understanding will take effect by being signed by at least five Signatories.
5. The Memorandum of Understanding will remain in force for a period of 4 years, calculated from the date of first meeting of the Management Committee, unless the duration of the Action is modified according to the provisions of Chapter 6 of the document referred to in Point 1 above.
[Public Info Net automatically generates links to Council Register documents where an appropriately formatted document number is given. However, the document may not be available for public use and/or it may not be loaded on the Council Register yet.]