Brussels, 23 Jan 2003
Subject: Memorandum of Understanding for the implementation of a European Concerted Research Action designated as COST Action 219ter "Accessibility for All to services and terminals for next generation networks "
Attached is the text of the abovementioned Memorandum of Understanding, signed in Brussels on 16 December 2002 by Italy, on 17 December 2002 by Finland, Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands, on 18 December 2002 by Switzerland and on 20 December 2002 by Greece.
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF A EUROPEAN CONCERTED RESEARCH ACTION DESIGNATED AS COST 219ter ACCESSIBILITY FOR ALL TO SERVICES AND TERMINALS FOR NEXT GENERATION NETWORKS
The signatories of this Memorandum of Understanding, declaring their common intention to participate in the concerned Action referred to above and described in the Technical Annex of the Memorandum have reached the following understanding
1. The Action will be carried out in accordance with the provisions of the document COST400/01 "Rules and Procedures for Implementing COST Actions", the contents of which are fully known to the Signatories.
2. The main objective of the Action is to increase the accessibility of next generation telecommunication network services and equipment to elderly people and people with disabilities by design or, alternatively, by adaptation when required.
3. The overall cost of the activities carried out under the Action has been estimated, on the basis of information available during the planning of the Action, at roughly 9 million in 2002 prices.
4. The Memorandum of Understanding will take effect of being signed by at least five Signatories.
5. The Memorandum of Understanding will remain in force for a period of 4 years, unless the duration of the Action is modified according to the provisions of the document referred to in Point 1 above.