Melton Mowbray College governors have commissioned an independent investigation into Whistleblowers' revelations that the college has recruited suspected illegal immigrants as students. The decision follows an overwhelming vote of no confidence in principal Ken Masters and client services manager Chris Eveling by the joint trade unions. Lecturers' union Natfhe said that Whistleblowers' revelations had been "the last straw".
The governors said this week that results of the investigation will be made public and that they will not comment until then. They have set up a working group to "explore urgently with staff the reasons underlying the ballot." Want to blow the whistle?
Contact Phil Baty
Tel: 0171 782 3298
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now