Cambridge University has accepted its largest ever corporate gift - a Pounds 40 million commitment by communications giant Marconi plc to set up a communications research centre.
The Marconi Communications Centre, to be based at the university's West Cambridge technology site, will research new technology for the internet and data transmission.
Some Pounds 10 million will be spent on the building, with Pounds 18 million committed to the university's research programme and Pounds 12 million for an embedded Marconi research laboratory.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now