The London Residuary Body fulfilled its statutory duty to get the best price possible in selling County Hall to Japanese property dealers Shirayama, rather than the London School of Economics, the Commons Public Accounts Committee said in a report this week. But the LSE should have had more time to mount its bid, and the LRB should have got an up-to-date valuation of the property and forseen that Shirayama would drop its bid as the property market fell.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now