Sports experts have helped create an online tool aimed at inspiring couch potatoes to exercise in the run-up to the 2012 London Olympics. Researchers from Loughborough University's School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences were involved in the design of an NHS website that helps people find out which five sports best suit them. The site asks users questions and tests them to assess their sporting preferences and reactions. They are then guided to sport clubs and activities in their areas.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now