Students have been leaving flowers, messages and even Penguin chocolate biscuits in tribute to a stolen statue. Thieves ripped out the statue of a penguin, which was a gift to the London School of Economics from a Canadian alumnus, leaving only its feet behind. "I'm pretty gutted, to be honest," one undergraduate told The Beaver, the LSE's student newspaper. "I love that penguin ... I really do hope we get it back."
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now