A virtual university open day has been held in the web-based world Second Life. Liverpool Hope University opened its virtual campus to prospective students for the first time last week, six months after construction began. Visitors were able to question staff and students about courses, find out about extracurricular activities and student life, just as they would at a normal open day. The Second Life campus was built with the input of third-year media students. It combines virtual-reality versions of the university's buildings with new facilities designed for the online campus.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now