Is there no end to the inequality inherent in Oxford colleges? The latest Oxford Magazine carries the shocking disclosure that while some colleges provide
puddings for fellows at Senior Common Room lunch, others
The news has shaken David Palfreyman, bursar of New College, who is calling for a "Puddings Equalisation Fund", whereby colleges contribute a portion of their catering budget - or even portion of their puddings - to Oxford's pudding poor. It gives a whole new meaning to widening participation.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now