Doubts raised about overseas operations
Concerns have been raised about the Spanish operations of five of six British universities surveyed by the Quality Assurance Agency. Exeter and Lancaster universities were warned that only “limited confidence” could be placed in their ability to run overseas activities properly.
Tories call for £1.5bn student funding boost
A further £1.5 billion must be pumped into higher education to maintain the funding per student until 2010, according to shadow education secretary Theresa May.
£24m for new careers service
£24 million has been set aside to establish a single body for careers advice in Scotland called Careers Scotland, Scottish enterprise minister Wendy Alexander announced today. She told the Scottish Parliament that educationists in schools, colleges and universities will all have to participate.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now