Students demonstrate at Indonesian parliament
Indonesian police fired teargas and warning shots at 10,000 student demonstrators who stormed the gates of the parliament in Jakarta demanding the resignation of president Abdurraham Wahid over corruption allegations.
New university established in Uganda
Ugandan president Yoweri Museveni has announced Kyambogo University will be established from two existing teacher education institutes and a polytechnic this year.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now