Bolivian students begin hunger strike
Seven Bolivian law students suspended from the Universidad Mayor de San Simón in Cochabamba because they lacked the required qualifications have begun a hunger strike in a bid to be readmitted. The hunger strikers were among 133 students who allegedly bought their way on to the course.
Iranian protesters win web support
Iranian students at Amir Kabir University have invited the public to visit their akunews website to show support for a protest against the detention of political prisoners.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now