Namibia's student organisations split
Namibia’s national student organisation has told the Southern African Student Union to close its offices and leave the country by the end of January. Union leaders blamed “irreconcilable differences” between the two organisations.
Russia benefits from US alliance
A joint initiative between the Russian ministry of higher education and the Carnegie Institution of New York plans to develop centres for advanced study at three Russian universities. A $2.4 million grant from the corporation will enhance research, education and scholarship in Russia.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now