Police fire tear gas at demonstrators
Police in Jakarta, the Indonesian capital, have fired tear gas at 3,000 demonstrators, many of them students, who were demanding the resignation of president Abdurrahman Wahid over alleged involvement in two financial scandals.
Flight chaos student barred from studies
The Kenyan student who endangered a British Airways plane on a flight from London to Nairobi will not be allowed to continue his studies in France, according to the French embassy in Nairobi.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now