Just as we were beginning to believe that students, like much of the rest of the population, were apathetic and apolitical, along comes a "committed activist" as president of the National Union of Students. Kat Fletcher, who is due to take over from Mandy Telford this summer, won her position with rallying cries of "mass direct action". But those who imagine her knee-deep in politics in preparation for the fight ahead should think again. Apparently, all is on hold while she completes her dissertation. Vive la révolution!
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now