Eager to find out why government departments are bickering over higher education spending settlements, The THES has discovered an example of where joined-up government is actually working. Following a request to the Office of Science and Technology press office to speak to science minister Lord Sainsbury, a member of the Department for Education and Skills press team rang back to say that the minister was too busy.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now