Israeli biologists and zoologists have written to ministers and members of the Knesset (parliament) attacking Thai foreign workers for endangering Israeli wildlife. In a letter to the ministries of agriculture, interior, environment and labour, the scientists say the Thai workers brought with them a tradition of hunting and collecting animals. Thai workers recently hunted four of 18 wolves in the Golan Heights, which were being tracked with transmitters for research purposes.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now