The 28 Palestinian students held by Palestinian security forces after rocks were thrown at French prime minister Lionel Jospin were all released early this week. Mr Jospin had called the Hezbollah guerrillas in South Lebanon "terrorists". Students and professors at Birzeit University refused to attend classes until their colleagues were released.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber?Sign in now