A thousand students are being offered £1,000 each to study at some of the country's leading research universities thanks to a donation from a former Iraqi refugee. Naim Dangoor, an Iraqi Jewish businessman came to the UK to escape persecution. He has donated £1 million to the 94 Group of smaller research-led universities to provide scholarships starting next year.
Register to continue
Get a month's unlimited access to THE content online. Just register and complete your career summary.
Registration is free and only takes a moment. Once registered you can read a total of 3 articles each month, plus:
- Sign up for the editor's highlights
- Receive World University Rankings news first
- Get job alerts, shortlist jobs and save job searches
- Participate in reader discussions and post comments
Or subscribe for unlimited access to:
- Unlimited access to news, views, insights & reviews
- Digital editions
- Digital access to THE’s university and college rankings analysis
Already registered or a current subscriber? Sign in now