Brussels, 18 May 2004
The fourth edition of the 'international technology transfer days', this year entitled 'Biomaterial 2004', will take place in Erfurt, Germany, on 4 and 5 November.
The main themes of this year's event will be micro and nanobiotechniques at the interface between biomaterials and biosystems, and bioreactor-based cultivation systems.
Companies and organisations involved in these areas are invited to participate in this event, to present their technology offers or requests and their partner searches for joint research and development projects within the EU's Sixth Framework programme (FP6).
Proposed projects should focus on:
- Development and manufacturing processes and quality control of implants and medical devices;
- Micro- and nanotechnologies to characterise biomaterial surfaces and induced molecular/cellular reactions with spatial and temporal resolution;
- Micro- and nanotechnologies to functionalise biomaterials for functional replacement and tissue engineering;
- Development and production of bioreactors and perfusion systems;
- Clinical performance and case studies.
The event is being organised by the Innovation Relay Centre (IRC) at the THATI IRC in Erfurt, Germany and the Thuringen Society for Biomaterial, hosted by the Institute iba.
Company profiles will be published in a catalogue, which will be distributed across Europe.
For further information, please contact:
Ms Elke Römhild
Tel + 49 361 789 23 76
Fax + 49 361 789 23 44
Remarks: The deadline for registration is 20.9.2004