Brussels, 02 Sep 2003
An international symposium on Eastern Mediterranean geology will take place from 14 to 20 April in Thessaloniki, Greece.
The conference will provide researchers with an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas on aspects of earth sciences. Specifically, those attending will be asked to consider the following topics:
- structural geology, stratigraphy and tectonics of the Eastern Mediterranean;
- petrology and geochemistry;
- volcanology and geothermy;
- ophiolites in the Eastern Mediterranean;
- large earthquakes in the Eastern Mediterranean;
- Eastern Mediterranean marine geology;
- remote sensing and natural hazards;
- vertebrate palaeontology;
- mineral resources;
- geology of the Balkan peninsula.
For further information, please consult the following web address: