Brussels, 10 Sep 2003
An international meeting on applied physics will take place from 13 to 18 October in Badajoz, Spain.
The meeting will examine the impact of applied physics on society, within the context of a broad range of inter- and multidisciplinary environments.
The meeting will also promote contacts amongst researchers and research groups for the creation of multinational thematic networks and present the results of some interdisciplinary EU research projects.
Some of the topics to be discussed during the meeting include:
- surfaces, interfaces and colloids;
- nano-sciences and technologies;
- imaging techniques and microscopy;
- biomedical engineering;
- medical/biological physics, health physics and biomechanics;
- biophysics computational physics and non-linear physics;
- engineering and industrial physics, instrumentation, metrology and standards;
- materials science and technology
- semiconductor devices and photonics, opto-electronics, quantum electronics
The meeting is open to physicists as well as scientists and technicians from other disciplines where physics can open new ways of facing a problem.
For further information, please contact the following web address: